VR's Reviews > Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box

Leadership and Self-Deception by Arbinger Institute

U_50x66
Nov 18, 08

Recommended to VR by: Judge Memmott
Recommended for: Anyone who wants a full and satisfied life
Read in November, 2008, read count: 1, but I will read it several times I am sure

A book that teaches powerful principles that I have already begun implementing to great effect in my own life. The principles we already know for the most part, and the general truths don't surprise, but The Arbinger Institute has blended and crafted them in such a way as to help us really put it all together. My favorite and most meaningful insight is that when we are "in the box" it doesn't matter what we do, how helpful or good we try to be, we will end up defeating ourselves. Forget blame and see people for who and what they are, rather than as instruments to our own ends. Anyway, lot's of great stuff. Frankly I think everyone needs to read it, for the sake of all their relationships, at work, at home, and anywhere else. Bravo Arbinger!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leadership and Self-Deception.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy Do you have a copy of this book? I think Kyle would enjoy it if you'd be willing to loan it to him.

message 2: by VR (new) - rated it 4 stars

VR This may sound terrible, but I just don't loan out books that I want to keep. If I've got spares or I don't really want it in my library anyone is free to it. If I want it, I don't let it go! However, you can pick up a copy for $10 or so online, so it's not hard to get, and it's probably a 2 hour read or so.