Kristin Anders's Reviews > Shadow Rising

Shadow Rising by Kendra Leigh Castle

Aug 07, 12

Dark Dynasties series rating: N/A (haven't read them all)

How are the sex scenes?

Sweet, short and hot. Read last paragraph in review.

How are the story lines?

Great. There are so many characters doing so many things, but everyone is trying to reach the same end goal - either for good or for evil.

Would you read it again?

Yes. I'd like to read the series.

Review

"Shadow Rising" by Kendra Leigh Castle is a modern-day fantasy romance novel and is the third book in the Dark Dynasties series. It can be – and in my case, was - read as a stand-alone novel.

An ancient Grigori vampire has gone missing and Damien has been hired to find him…and is asked to report the now rogue Ariane should he see her. Physically drawn to Ariane, Damien struggles between avoiding her and seducing her, but never reporting her. Ariane is searching for the missing Grigori, her only friend these past 900 years, and will not stop until he’s found. Once a Grigori leaves without permission the punishment is death. Ariane will not go back, Damien will not hinder her quest and she puts his neck at the end of her battle sword to prove it.

I'm a reviewer for Beverley Kendall's The Season for Romance website! Read the full review here.

Disclaimer: No compensation was received for this review. eARC received from The Season.

Published by Forever, an imprint of Grand Central Publishing

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Rising.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (last edited Aug 10, 2012 06:46PM) (new)

Jill Nice review, Sallie! Another friend liked this as well. I'm going to check it out.
And the link's not working, Sal.

Kristin Anders Jill wrote: "Nice review, Sallie! Another friend liked this as well. I'm going to check it out.
And the link's not working, Sal."

Thanks Jill! And grr on the link. Maybe it's been changed. I'll check it out tomorrow