Elvina Barclay's Reviews > The Infects

The Infects by Sean Beaudoin

Jul 30, 2012

Read from July 30 to 31, 2012

This zombirific novel at once pays tribute to the classic zombie genre and also manages to make fun of the idea of brain eating, shambling, flesh chompers.
Seventeen year old Nick is the sole provider of his small family. His sister needs her monthly meds and his father has lost his job as a researcher at a chicken processing plant. Nick gets himself a job at the plant his father was fired from and it isn't long before he finds himself on his way to an "inward bound" camp for young delinquents.
Nick and his fellow campers soon find them selves on the run from a hoard of "infects" which only one thing on the non-minds.
With a cast of very twisted characters and an unexpected villain, this novel is a real statement on our craving for blood and gore on the big and little screen. I may never eat chicken nuggets again either.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Infects.

07/30/2012 page 30
07/30/2012 page 30
8.0% "Looking forward to this book but its hard going as this ARC is full of typos and miss-spells. Once I get going it will be easier to ignore them."
07/31/2012 page 98
26.0% "The errors on this ARC are distracting. Details, names and place names all misspelled/typos."
show 3 hidden updates…