Annie's Reviews > A Vow to Keep

A Vow to Keep by Lana Williams

Jul 30, 12

Read in July, 2012

Medieval romances just need to be back 'IN' because I've missed reading them. If you love Julie Garwood--Joanna Lindsey--Judith McNaught or some of the other old school, knights and castles authors--you will enjoy this book. This also has a touch of magic and a romance that builds perfectly. The voice is soft and subtle, the characters are strong, self reliant and very wounded, the medieval world is there but doesn't overshadow the story.

I also love when characters have to battle themselves and chose love over things like revenge, or safety. I love stories where the characters have to trust others besides themselves and of course chose love in order to do that. This story delivers. It was great to be on vacation, and wander through time with this story. Royce is as hot as he is on the cover (not gonna lie, I love a good cover) and Alyna, the heroine is interesting, sassy and very protective of her charge. This is a series, but not continuous--the next one is about the little boy in this book (Nicholas--the orphan with second sight) and I can't wait to read his story next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Vow to Keep.