Mattsoubala's Reviews > The Wrath of Angels

The Wrath of Angels by John Connolly

U_50x66
Jul 30, 12

Read in July, 2012

Got an early copy at my local bookstore, a month before its official release... Yay!!! Finished it hours ago and as an avid Charlie Parker reader, I am excited about Connolly's latest Parker installment.

Overall I have to say I have mixed feelings for this book. Some parts are gratuitous and others are exhilarating. bad things first: I was not a fan of Connolly's info dumping and will not be, and I have found various chapters quite tedious because of this. But there are moments I have been jumping up and down, (literally) by thrills. For those who haven't read Connolly and am not a fan of any kind of voodoo, I will recommend you reading something else because this installement focuses hugely on the overall series, but for others and are a fan, I would say enjoy the ride!

(SPOILERS!) there are several scenes in the book that are unforgettable (in a good way). Brightwell and Goodkind are back!!! (in forms of a very very creepy child) and the relationship between Parker and the Collector is about to change!!! OMG, can't wait to see how Parker would react on his next one. Despite some bickering, I would say I have enjoyed this one and will be waiting for more to come!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wrath of Angels.