Cardmaker's Reviews > The Blue Bistro

The Blue Bistro by Elin Hilderbrand

Jul 30, 2012

liked it
Read from August 16 to 17, 2012

Normally, I love Elin Hilderbrand's books. This one, I liked. I never did warm up to Adrienne, the main female character. I didn't find the story believable once she got to the restaurant (The Blue Bistro). She questioned everyone about Fiona, the chef, but NO-ONE, not ONE person would tell her what was going on. It wasn't that big a deal, truth be told, but I suppose the author had to have some bit of suspense there.

I also didn't find it believable that the owner would make Adrienne the assistant manager when she walked in since she'd never even worked in a fast food restaurant, let alone a real one. That she took to the job like a duck to water and was AMAZING from day one was a little hard to swallow too.

Are you starting to see why the rating I gave went down to a three. It was an okay Summer fluff kind of read, that's all. I think the ending totally SUCKED and I hope Elin Hilderbrand reads my review. Really, I know it's fiction but that doesn't mean it should read like a fairy tale.

Only recommended if you're looking for fluff that doesn't tax your brain too much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blue Bistro.

Pamela Pickering Yep, forgot to mention in my review but the ending did totally suck. What kind of turn did that last chapter take? Weird.