Cara's Reviews > The Drawing of the Three

The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King

Jul 30, 12

Read in May, 2012

I finished The Drawing of the Three about two months ago, so the details are a bit foggy to me. King's writing style in The Drawing of the Three much improved compared to the Gunslinger (I guess that's what happens when you wait 10 years to come out with the sequel). However, I still had to force myself to get through certain parts. After following the Gunslinger through the first book, Eddie Dean was an entertaining, wonderful relief. The Gunslinger's pursuit to get Eddie into his world was grabbed my attention, especially since we get to see modern day through the Gunslinger's eyes. This was the only section that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Then Odetta and her split personality disorder comes along. The idea of the conflict is interesting, but on paper it didn't grasp my attention nearly as much as I hoped. More than halfway in, I lost interest and pushed myself to finish the rest. The ending of the Odetta/Detta conflict seemed all too convenient, but I guess that's my opinion.

I purchased The Wasteland, simply because I've been told it's the best in the series, but I still can't bring myself to pick it up.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Drawing of the Three.