Tiffany's Reviews > The Fury and Dark Reunion

The Fury and Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith

Jul 30, 12

Read in July, 2012

I have to say, this book was somewhat a dissapointment around the middle, because of Elena's death, but her coming back to life (which, irritatingly, has no explanation) saved the book.

So, starting off from the last book, Elena is now a vampire, but she's comnfused and thinks she's in love with Damon. After she feeds and sleeps for 4 days, though, she remembers that she's in love with Stefan (this is probably due to Damon's blood being why she turned into a vampire and didn't simply die).
She has a new teacher, of course, after Mr. Tanner' death - Alaric, who we find out studies parapsychology, and knows about vampires, bu is posing as a history teacher. He was called to eliminate the vampires, but he never had encountered any before (he simply studied the effects they had on victims), so he is understandably terrified when he first sees Elena. He and Meredith form a love relationship, which is not explained, and somewhere in the books, he gos to Russia. Elena dies AGAIN, because Katherine shows up, tortures her, Stefan and Damon, and Elena pushes her into sunlight, which kills both Katherine and Elena. Dark reunion is told rom Bonnie's perspective and is centered around finding ANOTHER power, which turns out to be Klaus, he vampire who turned Katherine. He teaches Tyler how to activate his werewolf gene, and Tyler basically goes from douche to evil. Klaus kills Sue and Vickie, Caroline makes up with Bonnie and Meredith, and Damon remains evil. Stefan seems depressed a lot. Stefan goes to battle Klaus after and he nearly dies, but Damon shows up, and then he nearly dies, but Bonnies yells "Elena" three times, which makes Elena, aong with the unresting spirits inthe old graveyard appear. Klaus is taken away to somewhere he can't harm anybody (not explained) and Elena uses her angel-magic to heal Stefan and Damon, as well as Meredith and Matt, who were injured fighting Tyler, who'd been a part of Klaus' attack. She leaves, Bonnie says it's not fair, Stefan yells "Elena" at the sky, and Elena shows up as a human(not explained why!) Celebration errupts, Elena and Caroline make up, the end.

I would have given this book a 5 star review, but honestly a lot of things weren't explained, which really irked me, so I'm giving it our stars. Like the first book, this one is a great read, and I found that I came to understand Bonnie, Meredith and Matt a lot better than I did in the first two books. Looking forward to starting the next book in the series, The Return: Nightfall!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fury and Dark Reunion.