Stephanie's Reviews > Flame of Sevenwaters

Jul 30, 2012

bookshelves: contains-magic
Read from November 06 to 07, 2012

Updated - Nov 7, 2012
Another solid book from Marillier! I enjoyed this more than the last Sevenwaters book featuring Sibeal. It didn't quite capture all the magic of some of the earlier books, but I still found myself enchanted with the Sevenwaters clan and eagerly staying up late to drink in the latest saga.

I liked Maeve, as we've heard brief asides from her since book 3 but never really knew how she fared. I enjoyed her relationship with Finbar, and did not see (view spoiler). I'm also glad we got some glimpses of other book characters once again. Everyone's happy and (spoiler for earlier books, just in case you're crazy and haven't read them yet) (view spoiler)

Glad to see we finally get some resolution in the Otherworld. I wonder if Marillier will continue on with this series or if she finds this to be a fulfilling conclusion. It would be very interesting to see a book from Finbar's perspective once he gets older.

Earlier:
2 new Marillier books in one year? Woohoo! I really thought she was finished with Sevenwaters, but I'm so glad to see that isn't the case!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flame of Sevenwaters.

10/10/2016 marked as: read