Julie's Reviews > Sail

Sail by James Patterson

Aug 08, 12

Read from July 30 to August 08, 2012

Sail, by James Patterson and Howard Roughan is a suspense thriller about a mother trying to save her kids from the mistakes she made raising them. They were spoiled rotten with drug problems and eating disorders. So, she decides to take them on a boat trip for two months and spend some quality time with her kids.
Katherine's first husband died and she has since remarried. Her second husband is a high powered attorney in the middle of a big case, so he stays behind while Katherine and the kids take a trip. Also on board in Katherine's former brother in law, Jake.
From the start the trip is a disaster. Mark has brought drugs on the boat, and Carrie jumps overboard in an attention grabbing suicide attempt. Then, the boat starts having problems, they get caught in a major storm, and the real disaster strikes and the family has to work together to stay alive.
Many James Patterson books are easy reads, due to his short chapters. I started this one yesterday afternoon and finished it before bed. It is a good book, but very predictable. I knew right off who was behind the problems the Dunne's were having. But, that becomes clear early on, even if you don't suspect it right away. There were a few other revelations, some twist and turns, but I had suspected some of these in advance. Not Patterson's best effort by a long shot, but not a bad way to pass an afternoon. Over I give it a C.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sail.