Rebecca McKinnon's Reviews > The Forsaken

The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse

Jul 30, 2012

Read in July, 2012

Thank you to the publisher, Simon & Schuster Books, for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.

Let me start off by saying that when I got to the end of The Forsaken, I was really put out that the next book isn't yet available.

Right from the start, I was intrigued. I have to admit, though, that it wasn't until Alenna found herself on The Wheel that I was really hooked. Hooked as in being unwilling to put the book down long enough to drink a glass of water.

There are so many ideas at work here. There's a fantastic friendship between Alenna and two of the girls who were on The Wheel when she arrived. There's a romance, but quite frankly, it's more of a side story; it's not the main event, which was nice. There was action galore, and lots of twists.

One of my favorite things about Alenna is that she's not super-human. She goes into all of this without any survival or fighting skills. She doesn't really even want them. However, after learning a single piece of information, she's determined to learn whatever skills are necessary to learn more.

If you've been following my reviews, you know that it's hard to surprise me. Well, Ms. Stasse did so many times. As soon as I thought I had something figured out, I was proven wrong. The writing is fantastic, and I look forward to reading everything Ms. Stasse writes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forsaken.