Janet's Reviews > Come Home

Come Home by Lisa Scottoline

Sep 08, 12

Read from July 30 to August 01, 2012

I have heard about Lisa for years and thought I would give her a try.

Was not impressed with this book and then saw that it was her 18th so maybe it was just me.

I just have issues with this book - I understand she was trying to solve a mystery but the lack of parenting just rubbed me the wrong way and then the twist of Mega and the boy, the one patient we heard about out of all of her patients, just so many little things that didn't sit well with me.

I think I will stick with Danielle Steele, Nora Roberts, Debbie Macomber.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come Home.

Rebecca Don't use this book as a judgement for all her books! I really enjoy her books, and felt this one was lacking and not up to her usual par. I finished it yesterday and am still trying to figure out why there was anything beyond the first visit with the patient in the book at all...that was a pointless part of the story since it had nothing to do with the original plot, IMO.

Betsy I agree! Unrealistc storyline.

message 3: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Don't judge all of her writing by this book... this isn't her finest. Save Me was good and Look Again was excellent!!

message 4: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia O I agree with you that this book stunk. But - try some of Lisa Scottoline's earlier books, particularly the Benni Rosato books. They're fast-paced and fun all around, and well worth a read.

Sandy Affer I've read 4 of her books now. Look again was wonderful and the last 3 stunk. I think this author is a one hit wonder!!