Debdatta D. Sahay (b00k r3vi3ws)'s Reviews > Murder Takes Time

Murder Takes Time by Giacomo Giammatteo

Sep 28, 12

bookshelves: review-copy
Read in September, 2012

Frankie, Tony and Nicky are friends who grew up in the same neighbourhood, place where the only rule to survival was – never break an oath. Now Frankie as a cop has two oaths to uphold – one to his friends and one to the Law enforcement force. But when bodies start piling up in Brooklyn and evidence points towards Frankie’s old buddies – a conflict arises. Which oath to keep, when keeping one means breaking the other?

The author & the book had my full attention from the very first page. The first thing that grabbed my attention was the author’s style of writing. It is impeccable and he’s got some style! The images that his words created in my mind were very vivid. It was like watching a motion picture. Imagine my surprise when I found out that this is only his debut novel… Way to make a debut. The plot is amazing. I mean it has action, mystery and romance –what else could you want in one book. Though this book is mainly characterized as a murder mystery/thriller, it is really so much more. It offers human perspectives on family and friends. And the food – a thriller had me salivating for some of the food mentioned! The characters a strong individually and a lot of their past and present is revealed in the story. While the characters are fictional, the inspiration that created them was obviously very real because the personalities and the conflicts seemed so natural and real to me. And as the story was narrated from the POV of two different characters, it made it all the more easy, to see a situation from each angle.

This is an remarkable novel that I was forced to read twice in immediate succession – just because I didn’t want it to be over after the first time. Yes, take my word for it – it is amazing, astounding, incredible, marvellous, spectacular… I am running out of word yet I don’t think that I have praised it enough! Go grab your copy – but a word of caution – it contains graphic details.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder Takes Time.