NightlyReading 's Reviews > If I Were You

If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

Aug 02, 2012

Read in July, 2012

I can honestly say that this book is going to rock the book world right next to 50 shades. The book is described as 50 Shades meets Basic Instinct and I can see the 50 Shades, but am a little lost on the Basic Instinct? But, what I can say is that I loved it!!!

This book is the perfect mix of mystery and erotica. Really, you have no idea of what will happen next and which way the plot will turn!

Sara is an English teacher on her summer vacation. The book starts off with Sara reading a journal entry from a journal that her friend had left at her house. The entry is very erotic and Sara cannot help but get consumed by the words written in this journal. Special circumstances lead to Sara wanting to find the owner of the journal and that leads her to getting a summer job at the art gallery in town.

This is where she meets artist Chris Merit and she soon finds out that Chris has some pretty major skeletons in his closet and that the gallery has something to do with the journal owner’s disappearance.

Let’s talk about Chris for one second. He is described as very handsome, fit and trim .He is a hard person to really figure out because one minute, he is silly and the next, he becomes dark and scary. I am not quite sure what exactly to think about him yet, but, he did get me insides all full of butterflies!

Now Mark, reminds me a lot of Christian Grey. Very clipped, demanding, calm, cool and collected.

I am surprised by Sara, she is a strong, strong woman. She keeps saying that she isn’t afraid, but, deep down, I think she is terrified.

The ending of this book had me literally on the edge of my seat and I cannot believe that it ended this way!!! I need, I repeat, NEED the next book now!!! The suspense is killing me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Were You.