Joanna Liberty's Reviews > White Raven: The Sword of Northern Ancestors

White Raven by Irina Lopatina

Jul 30, 12

I own a copy

White Raven by Irina Lopatina is intriguing, well-complemented by illustrations in the character guide, and brings to life a whole new world. I'm looking forward to the next installment of this story - it was completely captivating! I also really enjoyed the character guide at the end of the book because it really brought to life some of the characters that I was having a tough time getting my mind around. It makes me wonder how Shakespeare came up with new words without a cheatsheet.

It's a rare occasion that I pull an all-nighter these days, being a mom of 2 just doesn't leave a lot of room for sleeping it off. But when I picked up White Raven I didn't want to put it down - the pull through each chapter is awesome. So this is my official last all-nighter. It was totally worth it too, the book is excellent.

I have a more exhaustive review on my blog, but these are my big reasons for loving it: the Kingdom of Areya is amazing and so well-described it's practically like I've been there, the character guide filled in the blanks on the people and animals, and the story hooked me from the get go and I'm still on hooks waiting for the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Raven.