Kaitlyn's Reviews > The Fallen Star

Aug 01, 12

bookshelves: ya-books, pixel-of-ink, paranormal-romance
Recommended for: Twilight fans, YA paranormal romance fans
Read from July 30 to August 01, 2012

The Fallen Star is about a girl who has the truth of her life hidden from her by a secret organization that polices supernatural communities. The plotlines are familiar and the writing is a bit clumsy but the circumstances are unique. The book was a quick read without too much thought involved. The story did have that mysterious something that pulls a reader into its world and makes them want to know what happens next. The main character, I felt, was more realistic than many YA novels portray. She doesn’t blindly face danger and is in fact afraid of terrifying situations. I found that refreshing.

I feel this book was inspired, at least in part, by the Twilight series. There are several character and plot similarities. For example, our slightly coordination challenged heroine is instantly attracted to a boy who seemingly hates her on the spot. This doesn’t make the book unreadable but it is a bit distracting.

Overall I’d give this book 2.5 stars. If you have a chance to pick it up (and enjoy this YA paranormal romance genre) give it a shot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fallen Star.