Josheka's Reviews > Sweetness

Sweetness by Lindsay Paige

Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: above-average, e-book, full-of-ya-romance, had-everything-good-in-it, liked-the-characters, teen, rba
Read from July 30 to August 03, 2012

More of my reviews @ Reading 24x7

The title matches the story PERFECTLY! Sweetness was full of small bits (and sometimes big ones)of sweetness throughout the story. There were so many "awwwwww" moments and wonderfully executed scenes. I loved Lindsay Paige's writing style. It was simple and yet quite efficiently got the message through. All the characters were understandable and the story itself was AH-MAZING.

Character-wise Emily was okay. She was too..weak to be likeable in the beginning, but slowly as I got to know her and her story better, I started liking her. Sometimes, her childish nature became really irritating but overall, she was just fine I guess.

Jake was...well I don't know how to describe him. Guys like him are not real. He was SUPER understanding, SUPER patient, SUPER good-looking, SUPER sweet, SUPER everything. In short, HE WAS SUPERB!! While reading the story, I couldn't believe that a guy can do so much for a girl he likes. It was adorable. I think Jake sort of tops my list of sweetest guys in books. His character was fantabulous and his POV in the story was truly well-written by Ms. Paige.

The other characters were pretty cool too but I can't say much about them since the whole story basically revolved around Emily and Jake. I really liked Emily's dad and also little Drake. His upbeat and enthusiastic nature was cute and interesting.

All in all, Sweetness was really, really good and if you're a YA romance lover then you're absolutely gonna love it! With it's swoon-worthy and still in limits romantic scenes, enjoyable characters and an AWESOME story, it'll surely make your heart go pitter-pat! :D
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweetness.