Lady Raven RAVE!'s Reviews > Alfonzo

Story: GREAT
Intimacy Level: VERY GOOD
Enjoyment: GREAT
Length: 8436 kindle / 241 pages

Bravo to the author, as well, as a standing ovation to a job well done. When you've read as much books as I have, you learn to appreciate when one comes along that has such great story telling, as well as talent that shines through each page.

This story was unique and can appeal to any romance reader, who is looking for something different. I enjoy what the author did by infusing a bit of street lit then transition into a mob atmosphere. As the book starts, you get to know a bit of who Alfonzo and Selange are in their surroundings. As young as Alfonzo was, I kept saying to myself, he seems mature for his age. I love that the author made him smart and educated and he was not only street smart. Alfonzo's physical description was like chocolate melting in your mouth. That boy was, fine. I also love that he was Puerto Rican, but as the story progress, he learns he is much more. With his latino heritage in play, the author fuses a lot of Spanish into the story, which I did not find at all confusing or irritating. If anything, it enhances the feel and the atmosphere of the story and that was different for me. Selange was beautiful, and with innocence, mix with beauty, she meshed well with Alfonzo. Although their coming together was through hurt and grief, seeing his growing feelings for her and needing to protect her, it was entertaining to see.

What made me more in love with this book, there was never a dull moment. Each scene brought characters to the forefront, and if they were or weren't relevant, they were being killed, shot at or kidnapped. The mob aspect gel so well in the story and the climax left me excited as the mob aspect comes into play and reveals a lot, which leaves room for book 2. Being from and in New York, I enjoyed the scenery of New York the author uses,and the use of Juniors, gets a thumbs up.

Job well done. I hope to get the same experience with each volume of Alfonzo's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alfonzo.

message 1: by Rbeey (new)

Rbeey Heyy lady Raven is this MORE a mob like story or does it gives graet attention 2 the love & romance happening?? Is this a happbeee ever after?? Or part of a series?? ThanX..:)

Lady Raven RAVE! Ruby wrote: "Heyy lady Raven is this MORE a mob like story or does it gives graet attention 2 the love & romance happening?? Is this a happbeee ever after?? Or part of a series?? ThanX..:)"
Hey Ruby! It is more a mob feel from middle towards the end, but as this is the first book, the author sets up how he gets to were he is in the mob world. Book 2 should be more mob on wards. And there is definitely romance as the author focuses on the main characters' budding romance. And there is an happy ending, for now ;0)

message 3: by Diamond girl (new)

Diamond girl Lady Raven RAVE! wrote: "Ruby wrote: "Heyy lady Raven is this MORE a mob like story or does it gives graet attention 2 the love & romance happening?? Is this a happbeee ever after?? Or part of a series?? ThanX..:)"
Hey Rub..."

Looks and sounds good!

message 4: by Rbeey (last edited Jul 30, 2012 02:13PM) (new)

Rbeey Yayyy..!!!!!now thats wat i like 2 hear..:P.

message 5: by Rbeey (new)

Rbeey Lady Raven,
Tell me have U read Serpant in My Corner..?? I think its by .A.J. Daniels..?! Well any way its a very enjoyable Read.

message 6: by Fashionista (new)

Fashionista This has definitely been added to my TBR pile! Sounds great!

Lady Raven RAVE! Fashionista wrote: "This has definitely been added to my TBR pile! Sounds great!"

It was great for me. I really did enjoy it. I'm on vol. 3 now. It goes up to 5.

Mcdirty Just finish and I loved IT!!!

Juju loved it....