Cindy ~ SnS Reviews's Reviews > Shades of Desire

Shades of Desire by Virna DePaul

4512039
Jul 30, 12

Read from July 29 to 30, 2012

First off this is the first book in Virna DePaul's Special Investigations Groups Series. I have to admit that the only time I've read her before was in the Anthology with Lori Foster. I defiantly will be reading the rest of this series as it comes out.

The background story here is the murder of a young woman. Through evidence they find on the victim they are pretty sure they know who the murderer is but he haa skipped out on his parole and they cannot find him.

Natalie Jones was a world famous photographer who has a degenerative eye disorder that has almost made her completely blind. She settles into a small town called Plainville to live out her days before she loses what little is left of her eye sight. On a walk to the farmer's market to take some pictures she unknowingly take a picture of something she wasnt supposed to see but when her eyes suddenly go dark her time in the farmers market is forgotten. When she is attacked months later in her home evidence that the attacker left points to the murderer of the young woman.

Special Agent Liam “Mac” McKenzie who sacrificed everything for his career and tells himself he is ok with that as he thrives on making sure he closes all his cases. When he meets Natalie he is taken by surprise by his feelings for her.

We get all 3 "bad" guys POV from the beginning. The suspense wasn't on who done it. It was when they would strike out at Natalie again and how. And that worked for me in this book.

There isn't a whole lot of background given on Natalie and Mac. You find out through bits and pieces about her childhood and why his marriage fell apart, enough to make you understand why they are both they way they are. Even with that I didn't feel like I was missing anything by the end of the book. We were also given quite a glimpse at the hero and heroine of the next book and I hope the sniping and sparks that were flying in this book continue in theirs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Desire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Virna (new)

Virna DePaul I'm glad you enjoyed the story! Thanks for taking the time to write a review. :)