Melissa's Reviews > Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons

Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons by Denise Grover Swank

Aug 08, 12

Read in August, 2012

While I was rather harsh on Twenty Eight and a Half Wishes, I want to say that Denise has more than redeemed herself with Twenty Nine and a Half Reasons. I still stand by what I said about the first book, but reading this one has made me less snarky about it. lol

You can tell that Denise's writing has developed a lot more in this book. It seems like she is more comfortable with the characters and where she is willing to take them. They were stronger and more realistic to me. The plot was better, the details were better, the overall story was just better. :)

I loved the addition of Neely Kate and Mason Deveraux! I hope she keeps them coming back in the next book because I would be butthurt if she didn't. >.< Neely Kate is one of the greatest friends a girl can have - naive or not - and I wanted to seek her out and friend request her on Facebook. lol Chances are she would friend request me first because she would know what I was going to do before I did. haha

Also, is it too much to ask for Rose and Mason to get together? Am I the only one that saw it coming and was emo about it when it didn't happen? lol Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Joe, but there is something there that is just rubbing me all the wrong way about him now. I think he should move on to different pastures, cause it seems like it's about that time. I dunno... I am totally in Mason's corner, and I have thought about writing a letter to Denise on his behalf. ;)P He is rough around the edges, but is quite the gentleman. He respects boundaries and knows where to put his faith. He gets an A+ in my book!

I think that Violet was right in the sense that Rose needs to get out there and play the field, but I think she was a she-beast about it and could have handled it better. Nobody wants a nagging harpy of an older sister trying to play let's make a deal with some random guy over your girly bits because he comes from a southern style fortune 500 family. Am I right?

Rose is so full of piss and vinegar in this book and she just keeps comin up with line after line after line. She finally came into her own and that was just awesome!

I laughed so much while reading this book that it pained me to put it down. In fact, I didn't put it down till it was done. I just couldn't part with it. It was Fabulous!

Twenty Nine and a Half Reasons gets a solid Four from me, and I CANNOT WAIT till Thirty and a Half Excuses comes out next year!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons.