Jeff Dawson's Reviews > Solomon's Men

Solomon's Men by Glenn Starkey

Oct 10, 12

Read from October 02 to 06, 2012

Action Packed!

This is a fast paced thriller to say the least. An art thief, Mr. Valdez has accepted his last assignment in a long and illustrious career. His specialty is locating stolen works of art and returning them to their original owners. The pay is good, but not enough for his final dream of being able to permanently have his autistic son Daniel and his nurse by his side. To achieve the goal he takes on a mission with trepidation. He must break into the Monastery in Tomar, Portugal and steal an artifact of biblical proportions:Jesus' Shroud. If he succeeds, the fee will set him up for life.

Mr. Valdez is successful in obtaining the artifact. From that point on he is sought out by both good and evil forces. Each wants the shroud either in a display case of returned to its rightful owners. What Valdez is unaware of is the power or the Shroud and its healing capabilities. It's worth the read just to find out the hidden secrets he now holds in his possession. Well done.

The cons. I don't know what it was but I couldn't completely immerse myself in the read. Punctuation, grammar and all of that was good. The plot line is believable and the characters are well developed, but something was missing. Perhaps an overly active time-line? Maybe too many references about Solomon's men being referred to as the Hunters? I really can't place my finger on the missing ingredient.

Who will like this? Devote readers of espionage and action with touch of well researched biblical history.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Solomon's Men.

10/03/2012 page 18