Amy Dark Night Reads's Reviews > The Darkest Kiss

The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter

Jul 30, 12

Read in July, 2012

www.the-book-diaries.blogspot.com

Ok, since I have been reading this series like I am in the Olympics, fast and furious, I have decided to do something that I have never done before. I am doing a review of 4 books in one! Yes, crazy right? Let me start by saying, I never thought I would enjoy these as much as I did. I am so not a fan of series that switch from one character to the next in a book series. I love reading about one character and following them. Well, this has definitely changed my opinion. Gena has created not just a wonderful world with her series but wrote about the most intriguing characters ever, and I'm only through with 4 books! Crazy right? Well, these Lords, are immortal warriors possessed by demons. Not only are they scrumcious, but so complex that you want to know about each one. I think the thing that hooked me the most is the mythology part. I love mythology, Zeus, Cronus, The Titans, all of it, and this series is all about that but in modern day. Each book is about a different warrior and their struggle with the demon inside and all the changes around them. In each book a new female is introduced within the group, and a few times I wanted to bang my head against the wall wondering what is wrong with these women! You'll see :) Gena writes great character development and ends each book so you pick right up with the next. Gena Showalter and Nalini Singh are my new heroes. If you haven't been following them, then you've been missing out. On to book 5 :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Kiss.

Quotes Amy Dark Night Reads Liked

Gena Showalter
“He had a bleeding cut on his leg and he smelled like shit.
Her nose wrinkled. "Step in something?" she asked innocently.
"That I did not mind." He took a menacing step toward her. "What I did mind was being hit by a cab, then landing on the lap of a naked man. With an erection, Anya. He had an erection.”

Gena Showalter
“Apparently, dancing for him and throwing herself at him weren't enough. Apparently, she had to nearly commit murder to arouse him enough to attack her.”

Gena Showalter
“Paris answered for him. "Last time he spread the flashing love, Reyes threw up all over his shirt. I never laughed so hard in my life. Lucien, though, has no sense of humor and vowed never to take us again."
"I'm surprised you didn't mention the part where you fainted," Lucien said wryly.
Strider chortled. "Oh, man. You fainted? What a baby!"
"Hey," Paris said, frowning at Lucien. "I told you I hit my head midflash."

Lucien”

Gena Showalter
“What I did mind was being hit by a cab, then landing on the lap of a naked man. With an erection, Anya. He had an erection.”

Gena Showalter
“He bit the inside of his cheek, Death purring wildy. The pleasure of her touch, even one so innocent, rocked him to the core.”

Gena Showalter
“I'm William, but you can call me Sexy. Everyone does.”

Gena Showalter
“He’d pleasured Hera and a few thousand others, and when
Hera learned about those thousand others…heads had rolled.”

Gena Showalter
“But we all must be true to our own nature. Acting as anyone other than yourself merely brings you pain and makes you appear ashamed of who and what you are. Others will feed off that shame, and soon it will be all that you are.”
tags: life

Gena Showalter
“Mirarte es como entrar por fin por las puertas del cielo”