Emily's Reviews > The Word Made Flesh: Literary Tattoos from Bookworms Worldwide

The Word Made Flesh by Eva Talmadge

Jul 29, 12

Read in June, 2012

I've written before about my desire for a literary tattoo and my admiration for those who go through with getting one. I think that they're beautiful, inspiring, and always have great stories behind them.

The book itself includes dozens of color and black and white photos of different literary tattoos, some of them with their accompanying stories. Each picture also has the line rewritten and the book/ poem/ play that it came from written underneath, for those who didn't get the reference.

Honestly, I didn't know a lot of the books/ poems/ etc. that made up the tattoos, but it was nice to see what was important to other people. The book is concise, meaning that depending on how long you stop to gaze at the pictures you can probably get through it in an afternoon (of an insomnia-fueled night, if you're me.)

The Word Made Flesh is a great book for artists, readers, and those who too dream about honoring the written word in the most personal way possible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Word Made Flesh.