Vivisection's Reviews > Lady Deception

Lady Deception by Rizzo Rosko

Jul 29, 12

did not like it
bookshelves: free-ebooks-how-you-shame-me, historical-romance, how-did-this-shit-get-published
Read in July, 2012

Hey Rizzo--do you feel like a defective typewriter? You should because you not only skipped a period or two but you left out correct spelling, readable grammar, proper word usage and in one or two cases, actual words. Identical is not spelled "identicle." One may bear a mark on one's body. One can also bare the mark on the body to another's eyes. One does NOT bare a mark on the body. Further, it's sort of an insult to include a description of yourself as someone who "sometimes has to force herself to sit in her chair to write because, for the most part, she is too lazy to write an outline before sitting down at her computer." It shows and it makes me less charitable in my reading. If I thought this were a learning curve, some mistakes would be understandable. To find it's because of laziness...that just makes me resentful.

Dear Smashwords, editors are essential to quality products. Should you ever want to produce a quality novel, hire some editors to catch the above mistakes. It makes your literate readers very happy and more willing to overlook more obvious plot failings. This novel actually held the hallmarks of what could have been a decent novel. A heroine with a secret, a hero with a grudge and lots of secondary characters that could have impeded/impelled the plot. Editors could have helped with that.

Hello. My name is Vivian and I am addicted to reading really shitty books. I accept that I am powerless against this addiction, and thus, will lose many hours of my life and some day my sanity reading novels that are a crime against the written language and literary convention.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Deception.