Laura's Reviews > Shadow of Night

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness

Aug 20, 12

Read from July 29 to August 17, 2012

I FINALLY finished this darn book - thank heavens. It was a struggle and I was so disappointed. It was OK in the very beginning, then got totally lost in all of the non-directional padding and finally had some of the earlier pizzazz in the last 10 pages. I'm sure I'll read the last one, but not with any of the excitement that I had while waiting for #2. When I turned over the last page I was furious to find that while I was struggling to keep all of the characters straight in my mind...they were all LISTED by section and described. Who looks at the end of a book for such helpful aides? I sure didn't! Grrrrr.

Recommendation: Before you get too deeply ionvolved, check out the list of characters in the end of the book before you get as confused as I was!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of Night.

07/29/2012 "Have been waiting for this one since I finished the first one. My name was on the list at the library as soon as i got a release date. Have just started and am trying to remember how the first one ended, etc."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Winkie Wheeler I never saw the list at the end!! I didn't care enough about the characters to keep track. :-)