A.R. Von's Reviews > Dark Warrior: To Tame a Wild Hawk

Dark Warrior by Lenore Wolfe

Sep 14, 12

bookshelves: rr-2012-challenge
Read from August 25 to September 01, 2012

Lenore Wolfe created an exciting, romantic, fun, mystical and magical story; a real gem of a read that touched me in many ways. I found myself with smiles, tears and a pounding heart at moments due to the humor, emotional scenes and suspenseful moments in the book. I will tell you all that it is a bit confusing at first with the who’s who. But it was remedied a little further in and then easily forgotten about because of how wonderful of a story it is. A great read for anyone looking for a romantic read or something different and exciting with just the right touch of Indian magic :)

Mandy is a fascinating woman that has trained with a Native American tribe and taught a variety of amazing and useful things. She’s learned all of their ways and knows how to adapt easily but she needs help to save the land she knows and loves from being taken over by a nasty peace of work that just wants to destroy it. Her dreams have told her that a man will come to help her save the land, become her husband and the grandmother’s agree for her to just be patient. Her patience pays off dearly once she meets Hawk in person; she’s immediately taken by him yet hesitant at the same time to ask for help or his knowledge on the situation at hand. Unsure what to think of this amazingly handsome man and his gruffness, but is willing to do anything to keep the land as hers she uses her smarts to accomplish what needs to be done.

Hawk is one hot, tough and resourceful male. He knows not to ignore anything the grandmothers say and always goes with his gut instinct. Having a traumatic past, losing loved ones and living day by day getting rid of the pests that harass the people in many villages, towns and lands he is used to being solo. A lone man that does what he needs to. But he cannot stop what the fates have in store and the feelings that arise once he meets Mandy.

Together Hawk and Mandy are a force to be reckoned with. An unstoppable and powerful team that complete one another in ways we only dream of. They both grow in amazing ways as the book progresses and become what they’ve both seen in their dreams for years.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Warrior.