Jenny's Reviews > My Name Is Asher Lev

My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok

Nov 30, 08

bookshelves: art
Read in November, 2008

A tragically gripping, page turning work of total genius. I hate to even review it because it was that good and maybe just five stars would be better than me blubbering about it... I was completely engrossed and almost read 3/4ths of it one night, but stopped abruptly to have the novel follow me around the house and in my bag for another week because I didn't want to be through with it. I came back to it and finished it in one sitting. Some books change your life, some books are your life. Different art professors who meant a lot to me and friends through the years all have urged and recommended me to read this. All the recommendations were given at different times and curiously still,from people unrelated to each other - which held the title of the book in my memory for a long time as something of significance, especially in the way that they told me it especially for me. But like trips to Paris and having children... somethings take time to happen. The years have passed and a copy of the book never seemed to come my way. I'm so glad it finally did.
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Name Is Asher Lev.