Jasmine's Reviews > Ruby Red

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Jul 29, 2012

I absolutely adored this novel not only because of the incredible time traveler theme, but also because of the wonderful character development that occurred throughout the book. I loved the fact that I could truly immerse myself in two different times in one novel - old and new England. This time swap back and forth throughout the novel really created an exciting environment, as you never knew where the main character would turn up next in one of her "travels". In addition, the development of her love interest was fantastic, as you definitely did not fully except the relationship to even occur between the unlikely pair (or at least, I thought it was unlikely). Kerstin Gier did a fantastic job of setting an enticing environment with complex characters to fully throw yourself in to, so that you could feel as if you were following the main character on each of her journeys and actually experience the internal and external emotional conflicts she was feeling at that moment. I am hoping to get started on the second novel of the series (Sapphire Blue) as soon as possible!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruby Red.