Nicole's Reviews > The Reckoning

6119409
Jul 30, 2012

liked it
Read from July 29 to 30, 2012

This is the second book of what will be a trilogy. My thoughts about this book are a bit contradictory. I have quite a few criticisms, but I still liked it.

Some of the things that bothered me include a somewhat clunky writing style (especially in the contrived transitions to the flashbacks, which I otherwise liked); insufficient character development that fully fleshed out characters' motivations and made their growth plausible; the seeming uselessness of Luke, who appeared to be an important character in book 1; the ending (both Jonathan's lackluster exit and how this book temporarily resolved the situation between Lanny and Adair).

However, with all that being said, I still enjoyed the book and read it quickly. I will read the last one when it comes out. As I said about The Taker, this is a different set up for a paranormal series and its lack of predictability is refreshing. And while I was let down that some of the narrative conflicts and complications didn't play out to what I thought was their full potential, I still enjoyed the ongoing saga that Katsu started with the first book of this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reckoning.