D.C.'s Reviews > A Season for Sin

Aug 03, 2012

liked it
Read from July 29 to August 03, 2012

ABOUT THE BOOK:
The Earl of Bellingham is nothing is not a creature of habit: money, meals, and mistresses must be strictly managed if a man is to have a moment's peace. It's a system that works splendidly for him--until now. With his oldest and dearest friends succumbing, one by one, to wedded bliss, Bell is now restless and a trifle lonely. Enter the Sinful Scoundrels--Colin Brockhurst, Earl of Ravenshire, and Harry Norcliffe, Viscount Evermore--who drag him back into society and draw his rakish eye to the ton's new beautiful young widow. Bell isn't after a wife, but a challenge. And Laura Davenport should fit the bill quite nicely...

REVIEW:
Oh bummer. I was enjoying this piece so much when all of a sudden it stopped. This isn’t a novella, it’s not even a short story, it’s pretty much a prelude to a different book all together. I was a bit disappointed when this happened as I genuinely dedicate myself to the story and found it cut off so quick.

Outside of that, the character development was nice. I do like the buildup Ms. Dreiling does with everyone and found the secondary characters lively. I see how she could potentially wrap everyone together in a potential series. It was nicely done.

What I didn’t like was at times, the background and inner thoughts seemed to go on for pages and it became where I was skimming the story. I realized what I was doing, stopped, and went back to read it again. This piece could have really just been included in a novel done very well. Instead, it leaves a reader feel let down and jested. Again, bummer.

Three out of five stars due to the abrupt ending but I do hope to read the finishing story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Season for Sin.