Sunne's Reviews > Downtime

Downtime by Tamara Allen

Aug 06, 12

Read from August 04 to 06, 2012

It was free in amazon.de - wow

Have read it - and loved it. It started a bit slow and at the beginning I wasn't so sure about it but after about 10% in it I just fell in love with it.

It's that kind of book that makes you think a while afterward. I wanted to travel in time to them, live with them...I want them back, honestly. I want more time with them. Why did the author finish the book?

The book is not a crime book, despite we have an FBI agent and a serial killer in it. It is not solely a romance either and it's not a historical romance, too. It's everything together a bit and it is very entertaining. I feel in love with the characters, their flaws and virtues. The perspective of a today's FBI-agent on the past London is as entertaining as the quiet oberservations and remarks of Ezra, the other MC from 1888. And I'm not even beginning on the side characters.

The book is a quiet one, not flashy, not full of hot sex or action pased stories. It shines with the details, the small things and hidden emotions, a smile and the touch of a hand can be more sexy in the right circumstances that hot making out. It has the charme of a Geogette Heyer novel with a bit more spice and sass. I loved it and I'm defintely going to read more books of this author.

If you compare books to meals - this wasn't fast food, this was a delicious five course meal ;)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Downtime.