Carolyn's Reviews > Snow White & the Huntsman

Snow White & the Huntsman by Lily Blake

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: e-book
Read from July 23 to 29, 2012

Having seen the movie last weekend I decided to read this as a fill-in whilst waiting for another book to come out. I had read about 60% of it before changing to the book I was waiting for, then went back and read the rest this morning. I must say that I really enjoyed it. I realise that it was a movie tie-in book and written from the script but I found that it was really well written and slightly different to the movie. I honestly couldn’t picture the movie cast members as the characters though as they were described in the book differently.

For example in this book Snow White was described as having black hair and brown eyes. In the movie the character has brown hair and green/blue eyes. This was a major annoyance of mine in the movie as the young Snow White had vivid green eyes, yet when she was older her eyes changed between blue and a hazel colour.

There were some differences between the book and the movie, for example this book starts off a year after Snow White’s mother dies, when the King first discovers Ravenna. Snow White then has flashbacks to when she and William were children instead of that happening at the beginning of the movie.

I found that this book was action packed and a really easy read, great for if you just want to chill out by the beach or curled up on a cold winter’s day. I would give it a 3-3.5 rating.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow White & the Huntsman.