Shannon Roland's Reviews > Thirteen

Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong

F 50x66
Oct 07, 12

Read from September 13 to October 07, 2012

This is the last book in the Otherworld Series. If you have not read the series from the beginning, I strongly suggest it. Keep in mind this is not a typical written series. Books focus on different characters who are supernatural, and characters do cross into other stories from time to time. The series start with Elena, the werewolf, narrating her story.

For those who have kept up with her series, I suggest refreshing your memory with the last book. At times, I had an issue with what was being mentioned and it took a minute to go, oh yeah, now I remember. You may want to refresh with Waking the Witch too, since the last three books are a trilogy.

I was a bit disappointed with how the bad guy went down, I wanted a bit more. But this book is the usual Armstrong. Grabs you into the world of werewolves, magic, demons, angels, ghosts, and the like and casts it spell well. Never a dull moment. A story that is weaved well, and an honest ending for a series. The bonus and extension to the story from Elena's view was a wonderful edition, and it was nice to get more of a glimpse of Clay's and Elena's kids.

In 2014, there is suppose to another story collection from the Otherworld, and Armstrong as said that there might be longer tales in the future. I will still miss this series, but all things come to an end eventually.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirteen.