Darlene's Reviews > Little Miss Bossy

Little Miss Bossy by Roger Hargreaves

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: children, bookcrossing, illustrations, mental-health, personal-growth, paperback
Recommended to Darlene by: Cheryl in CC NV
Recommended for: 2-5 year olds, but we old folks can learn a thing or two!
Read on July 28, 2012, read count: Once

I needed to catch up on my reading goal. This book was available at the BookCrossing meeting today. So I grabbed it. I yelled at the two sweet little girls who wanted it, to get away, it was mine. But they called me 'Miss Bossy Pants.' Actually, that last part about the girls was a stretch of the truth. Actually, when their mom told them they should read it, they decided all the other picture books were more their speed. What girls wants to think of themselves as bossy?

So the pictures were cute. Mr. Wizard looked just like my dad!

Now, if the hint was true, that I am, indeed, a bossy person, those boots would not only cut down on that but maybe I could lose a pound or two? Think we could invent them?

BCID: 455-10435046

Thinking about this later... Why are the males in this series called Mr. Men meaning fully grown up yet the womyn children are called little miss making a lessor person than the male would be?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Miss Bossy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cheryl in CC NV Even as a child I was disturbed by the Mr. Men/Little Miss contrast. Generally the former were more fun, too. < sigh >

Darlene I don't remember reading this to my kids and the title may have been a reason. With my youngest a girl I didn't want to do anything to diminish her.

Cheryl in CC NV Indeed. Big series, but in and out of print - may not have been popular at the right time for your kids.