MaryLennox's Reviews > Heavy Issues

Heavy Issues by Elle Aycart

Wow, this story was amazing, I'd give it higher stars except for the fact that (honestly speaking, just for me) the subject matter of our heroine's body issues just struck wayyy too close to home to suit me. Thinking about it now, I wonder just how many women can get past their self-conscious images and really, truly, honestly move forward? Our heroine's struggle wasn't particularly enjoyable for me read and accept, as I'll freely admit I'm one of many of hundreds of women with the same image issues, but it was enlightening to read about how she dealt with it all.

It was beautiful reading about these characters with REAL problems and how they both found ways to work through it all (not easily, mind, which makes Aycart's readings so much better than other romance novels) - I was dying for an epilogue but the story was enough that I think I can just talk myself out of wanting one.

Elle Aycart writes charmingly, the love scenes just MELTED off the page, but there's something missing, I thihnk, that makes me grab a book and suck it down cover to cover. I can't put my finger on it, but once I do I'll come back and edit this review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heavy Issues.