Sandra Stiles's Reviews > Rust

Rust by Glen Joshpe

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: adult, adventure
Read in July, 2012

I'm not really sure how to describe this book. There was so much medical jargon and description that someone not familiar with it would probably be turned off. At times I felt as if I was reading a medical book. Fortunately when my sister was going through nursing school my favorite summer past time was reading her nursing books for fun. Yes I know that sounds strange, but if it had words I read it.

Alex Stein is a Cornell University scientist who has discovered how to prolong life. This is discovered when data from a census taker in a region of Africa comes across the desk at the U.S. Census Bureau in Washington, D.C. This was so far off the charts that it raised a red flag. This prompted the CIA to get involved. The CIA sent Carlton Terry to Alaska to track down Alex's former roommate, Steve Hinton. Word reaches Alex that the CIA is trying to locate him and he decides he must leave Africa. Carlton learns all he can from Steve Hinton and is informed of Alex's disappearance. Their next plan of attack is to locate Alex's grand-daughter Abby. He goes in undercover. When Steve Hinton is killed Carlton realizes he must locate Alex and protect him and Abby at all cost. Read the book to find out who else is after Alex and what they would kill to find out.

I enjoyed the mystery line of the story. I loved the way it ended. I even enjoyed learning more about the body. This may be the teacher in me that is always wanting to learn more. The author has given several resources in the book that are actual working sites. He himself graduated from New York Medical College. He has published three other books. He currently lives in Bradenton, Florida with his wife Vicki.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rust.