Chrystina Williams's Reviews > Demon Hunting in the Deep South

Demon Hunting in the Deep South by Lexi George

Aug 04, 2012

bookshelves: netgalley-arc, paranormal-romance
Read from July 28 to August 01, 2012

What do you get when you mix a lovable heroine, an irresistible Dalvahni warrior, loads of magic, humorous situations galore, and a town that is a cesspool for demons? Demon Hunting in the Deep South of course! A fast, fun read that will leave you smiling!

The characters in this book were great, they were all so colorful and each one was an individual. Evie is especially hilarious, her inner dialogue had me cracking up more than once. She is just a sweet southern girl, maybe even a little too kind sometimes. She has grown up with a bad self-image, having been teased as being a curvy girl all her life. It was so rewarding to see her grow into a confident and self-assured woman. I could really relate to her and empathize with her, and I guess that is why I loved her.

Ansgar was instrumental in helping Evie to see the beauty & strength in herself. He's a sexy Dalvahni warrior, able to use all kinds of cool magic. I love how he sees Evie as a beautiful and brave woman, even when she doesn't believe it herself.

The supporting characters in this book were also really memorable, Nicole and Muddy, were two of my favorites. Also Sheriff Whitsun & Conall (among others) really caught my interest, and I really hope to see more of them in future books! In short, Lexi George has done an awesome job at writing all of the different characters that were a part of this book.

It was a really enjoyable read, and I found myself smiling and laughing out loud throughout the whole book. While I strongly recommend reading the first book before this one, you could read it as a stand-alone, but I think I would have enjoyed it even more if I'd done so. It was still a good, fun read, and I'm looking forward to more!

***Review copy received from NetGalley***
Original Review on my blog at

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Hunting in the Deep South.