Jessica (My Not So Vacant Shelf)'s Reviews > Wanted!

Wanted! by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Jul 28, 2012

liked it
Read in July, 2012

I think perhaps I’m not 100% percent cut out for the adult romance genre. There are many enjoyable moments but I find that certain aspects of the novel like the story-line tend to suffer to provide the reader with more adult content. Although this one had an interesting twist and concept for a story line there were many things missing, many holes I guess I would say, that stopped me from giving it a five out of five. I’m also not someone who tends to be sold on people falling in love under 48-hours. Perhaps that just me, but I like it when characters really get to know each other. Now, the adult content however, was still enjoyable for those out there that like the books that focus on adult content then this is seriously the book, and author, for you. Otherwise, I found the characters interesting, however, I would have liked to have them explored further to really get to know them, and even some other characters in the series.
Good:
Nick: Vet. Cowboy. Good heart. Values Family. Sexy as hell. Keeper.
Dominique: Not will to give up the life that she established for a guy, but willing to take chanced. I like her.
Bad:
The ending. I wasn’t a big fan of how it played out. That’s not saying it’s neither good, nor bad, but obviously you need to read on into the series to get the full details of what the future holds for them
Overall (Writing style, story line, and general):
Overall the book was focused on the adult-content and had a story-line with multiple plots that could have turned into a very good book, but unfortunately they were not developed enough for my liking. I also expected a different story line with a title like Wanted! I guess I expected some outlaw plot.

View more of my review and others at my blog: www.mynotsovacantshelf.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wanted!.