FeliciaKaren's Reviews > Wildest Dreams

Wildest Dreams by Rosanne Bittner
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
4081132
's review
Jan 29, 2014

did not like it
bookshelves: adultery-hero, histo-fiction, made-me-cry
Read from July 28, 2012 to January 29, 2014

Sorrow after sorrow coming in waves from pages...I am % 70...Enough already!I can not read anymore..This book marked as a historical romance but its a saga/historical fiction...
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wildest Dreams.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

01/28/2014 marked as: currently-reading
01/29/2014 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* But..its sorrow,drama and romance. I agree no fluffy stuff here :)


Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Sorry it didn`t work for you Felicia :(


message 3: by FeliciaKaren (last edited Jan 29, 2014 05:18AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

FeliciaKaren No,no,no Sandi...I am not a shy reader! I must say it was a page turner and superb writing.But I disagree about this with almost everyone.This is not romance book.After Katie's rape.I didn't want to read...Well :)


FeliciaKaren But I tried so hard to finish it off, but couldnt!I know this is your fav.Sorry hun..


Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Hey no worries,it would be pretty boring if we liked all the same books. I sometimes can really get into these kind as they really help me to escape:)


message 6: by Christina ~ Brunette Reader (last edited Jan 29, 2014 08:02AM) (new)

Christina ~ Brunette Reader Oh, no! Are all Bittner's books like this? I've bought Caress and Shameless on one of my reckless book-sprees. But I hate when it's historical fiction "en travesti" as a romance :(
I have to really be in the right mood to read about real-life hardships, that's why I want to more or less know what to expect in advance :(


FeliciaKaren Today,I delved in her books and found that if you want lots of romance, you'll have to look elsewhere.Her books have little romance to spice it up.this is my opinion Christina...


Christina ~ Brunette Reader FeliciaKarenB wrote: "Today,I delved in her books and found that if you want lots of romance, you'll have to look elsewhere.Her books have little romance to spice it up.this is my opinion Christina..."

Thanks Felicia, since I already have them I'll keep them and leave them for when I'm in that very particular mood :)


Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Sorry ladies, I have all of her older books and each one I have enjoyed. Her books don't have hot sizzling sex in them but there is still romance in her books..maybe of the deeper kind? And yes some of them have more historical backdrop then others,but I remain a devoted fan :)


Christina ~ Brunette Reader Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Sorry ladies, I have all of her older books and each one I have enjoyed. Her books don't have hot sizzling sex in them but there is still romance in her books..maybe of the deeper kind? And yes som..."

No Sandi, maybe I was not clear: I'm not saying I don't like her books (even because I have yet to read one, so how can I judge?) for the lack of graphicness, but if they are intense and angsty I really need to be in the right state of mind. I've read much heavier stuff, both classics and contemporaries, but I'm in a period right now in my life in which I really need some fluffy escapism... I just have to postpone reading RB and I'm sure I'll appreciate her when the right mood strikes :)


Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Oh I agree,I can read a book everyone raves about..and it just dosen't work for me but its like you said you have to go with what your feeling at the time. I'm dying to get unpacked after the move and dig into my "oldie's"
I miss them so....:(


Christina ~ Brunette Reader Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Oh I agree,I can read a book everyone raves about..and it just dosen't work for me but its like you said you have to go with what your feeling at the time. I'm dying to get unpacked after the move ..."

Happy Moving then! LOL
I'm actually still adding all the books I have at home (I'm about half-way through) as I'm pretty new to GR and I haven't yet marked all the books I physically own. While adding I also manage to do a great deal of spray and dusting, but I also need to have some spare hours to pass through the little piles of books I make around my desk, that's why I haven't yet completed the deed since May :(
Guess when I'm finished we will have even more books in common :)


Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* I know it is very time consuming what I love about my new place I'm moving to.. I have a real to goodness Book Room! Huge wall to wall shelves with cupboard doors that close I wonder if all my books will go in hmmm.. May have to hit the spare bedroom closet :D


message 14: by FeliciaKaren (last edited Jan 29, 2014 01:08PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

FeliciaKaren They did have enough graphic sex for me...If I want to read a 'deeper' book it will be by the likes of Rebecca Brandewyne or Gabaldon :) The most depressing story I ever read. ...


FeliciaKaren A book room!Wow Sandi you are lucky wench I'm feeling pretty jealous right now


Christina ~ Brunette Reader Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "I know it is very time consuming what I love about my new place I'm moving to.. I have a real to goodness Book Room! Huge wall to wall shelves with cupboard doors that close I wonder if all my book..."

Lucky, lucky lass! :P


Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* I'm looking forward to it,but my son says it dosen't give me an excuse to buy more books...why..not? Can if I want to humff.


Christina ~ Brunette Reader Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "I'm looking forward to it,but my son says it dosen't give me an excuse to buy more books...why..not? Can if I want to humff."

Yes, tell him off! Books and love are never "too much" in life! *sniff indignantly*


back to top