Lizrosedodd's Reviews > The Templeton Twins Have an Idea

U 50x66
Aug 18, 12

bookshelves: read-to-the-kids, series
Read in August, 2012

I won an ARC of this in a First Reads contest. As an adult, I loved the quirky illustrations and clever writing of this middle grade book. The plot was simple enough to follow and fairly fast paced. I loved how the Narrator introduced vocabulary and proper pronunciation into the story. Abigail and John are realistic and likable characters, as is their Dad. The antagonists are a little less believable, but not so much as to bother the reader.
The only thing that really bugged me about this book was the beginning! Getting started was quite slow because of the Narrator's banter. The jesting was funny only to a certain extent. If I thought it took to long too get started, I know an 8-11 year old will lose interest quickly before even delving into the story.
Overall I enjoyed this. My 8 year old is currently reading it and I will post his opinion as well. I am looking forward to the second in this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Templeton Twins Have an Idea.