Kristi's Reviews > Degrees of Wrong

Degrees of Wrong by Anna Scarlett

Aug 31, 2012

liked it
Read on August 19, 2012

While working on one of the wounded soldiers Dr. Elyse Morgan finds amidst a battle on her island she is knocked out, kidnapped and sent to an underwater war ship. And she’s so not happy about it. But there might be a few perks to the job. Like a swoon worthy captain. Nicoli. It’s a shame that he is engaged and off limits. Fortunately for Elyse she has a lot to keep her mind occupied, or so she tries. She’s responsible for finding the cure to the HTN4 virus and the UN will deny her nothing to make it happen. She’s not only finding the cure to the HTN4 virus, she also finding the cure for the disease that took her parents life.

Anna Scarlett is also the awesome Anna Banks author of Poseidon, which I LOVED! So, when I heard she had a “romance” coming out, I jumped at the chance to read it. And it’s fabulous people! You might notice the quotations around romance and I did do that for a reason. I would describe Degrees of Wrong as a romance book for non-romance readers. It’s definitely something that an older YA audience would enjoy. There are just a few kisses in this novel, I’d say PG-13. There is some tension, but you could easily find that in any YA novel! But it’s not the normal sexy times romance that I usually read, and I still loved it!

I loved the story. Elyse losing her parents, her personal mission to find the cure for this disease, the interference of the UN and Nicoli. Did I mention NICOLI! Elyse is one of those characters that you can’t help but laugh and smirk at. This girl has a temper, she had a brain and she has snark and she’s not afraid to use them! It can get her in trouble sometimes and it does!

This was just a fun and entertaining book, I can’t wait for more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Degrees of Wrong.