Brunette Librarian's Reviews > Take it Like a Vamp

Take it Like a Vamp by Candace Havens

Aug 07, 12

Read on July 28, 2012 — I own a copy

Check out the full review at The Brunette Librarian Blog

Charming premise and I was really excited to see where this was going. Honestly, the plot wasn't bad but I just didn’t care for the hero or the heroine, which was certainly disappointing. It seemed as if every problem Nick faced should or could have been dealt with much sooner or with better communication. Casey had a huge, huge, HUGE case of hero worship going on. Anything Nick did or said was just so wonderful and it began to get annoying very quickly.
Another thing that seemed to bother me was the absolute un-vampireness of the whole thing. Nick was a vampire, sure, but none of the normal rules applied. He could go outside in the sun, eat regular food, etc. Really the only mentions of him being a vampire, beyond it being repeated a thousand times, was the appearance of his fangs once or twice. If I’m going to read a vampy romance, I want a little vamp in it!
“Take It Like a Vamp” was an ok read for me, I did finish it. The characters seemed flat, stereotypical and just not for me but the plot moved along quickly. It was an interesting take on the vampire world, just not for me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take it Like a Vamp.