Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter's Reviews > Seducing Cinderella

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. Maxwell

Jul 28, 2012

bookshelves: erotica-or-erotic-romance, funny, books-kelly-and-baba-liked-or-loved
Recommended to Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter by: JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Read from July 29 to 30, 2012

4 stars. REVIEW COMPLETED JULY 31, 2012

Wow. What causes window fogging? Read my review and you will get your answer.

Dear Reid,

After I saw your book title I found myself thinking "Seriously?" Don't shoot me now, ok? I'm going to banish my negative thoughts from my brain. See? Done. Now that we're ready to delve into…no, no, I can see your devilish grin already…I don't want to deal with your dirty mind right now…*cough* What did I want to write down actually? I'm babbling and it's entirely your fault. Reid, you are throwing me off balance. Do you do it on purpose? Okey-dokey, ready, set, go!

Let's face it, I was really glad when you took our insecure heroine under your wing. Can you believe it? Lucy wanted to date Dr. Douchebag. Honestly, why in God's name would she choose such a slimy dude? Lucy was and is beautiful and he didn't even notice your queen of hearts before you put her through a makeover. He doesn't deserve her. I always wonder why certain guys can't see beyond someone's armor and inadequacies. Oh well, if your major features are being shallow, self-centered AND career-driven, then something is entirely wrong with your personality. Hey, back off, Reid! I was talking about Dr. Douchebag. Ah, I get it, you might be woolgathering about your Lucy. Sheesh, get a grip, Reid. To make a long story short…get her!

OMG, Reid, I'm in a puddle at your feet. You have an extraordinary mouth (pun intended). I had this special moment here…

Photobucket

Yes, please, please, eat me too!

Mmm, my inner kitten was moaning. Oh my, I can't believe I'm using the term "inner", it kinda gives me the creeps for a very specific reason. Ah, where was I? Alrighty, I'm back on track again. You sure know how to satisfy your woman. Being touched, kissed, cherished, and loved by you is heaven on earth. Amazingly good. May I line up too? On top of that, your story was loads of fun.

Reid, it's not a secret when I tell you that I love your wit and humor. You're a superb fighter, makeover expert, professional seducer, and artist. Without a doubt a woman doesn't stand a chance against a combination like that. As a matter of fact, your insecure Lucy fell very hard for you. Time to wake up, Romeo! Let's face it, I could feel the chemistry between you and Luce. My oh my, the sparks were flying, and I could witness some super steamy and very hawt moments. Oh Reid, you were spoiling Luce with your scrumptious mouth, mind, and body. It's beyond me but I just adore your skills--in and out of the bedroom. You're a devilishly wicked lover. Fan-freakin-tastic. Having someone like you between the sheets--or anywhere else for that matter--is such a scrumptious experience I wouldn't miss for the life of me! In all honesty, I know all about your sexual prowess, however, what you dished out verbally was so utterly witty and hilarious, I just laughed my pants off. *grin*

"Okay, here comes your boy with our drinks. He'll wait for you to approve the wine. I want you to channel Jessica Rabbit and give him a show."
Her jaw dropped. "You want me to channel a cartoon character from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"
Reid's expression actually looked like he couldn't believe her incredulity at his choice in sex goddess. "She's sex on heels. Every dude wants to bang Jessica Rabbit."

I know, dearest Reid, we have to cover the bad part too.

When I was 85 % into the story I had this moment here…

Photobucket

Clue in, Reid, you acted like a certified jerk. Frankly, what the hell were you thinking, huh? You know I really love your mouth, however, this time you didn't do yourself a favor. Wow, what came out of your delectable mouth was…pure…bullshit. Well, excuse my French but I have to be straightforward here. I just feel that I have to give you a piece of my mind, and somehow I think I should straighten you out. Read my lips: you are a coward, Reid! You with me? That said, I always thought you were such a smart and witty guy, but sadly you have really taken leave of your senses. Well, rant over. BTW, this is one of the reasons I couldn't give you a five-star rating. Sorry, but that was such a pathetic move. No…just no.

Another reason was your lovely queen of hearts. Why in God's name would a beautiful woman think so low of herself? I don't get it. It felt a bit too farfetched--just too easy for my liking. That said, I couldn't buy into it either. Furthermore, I will confess that I'd've loved to see you fighting, Reid. Unfortunately, this was not going to happen. While the first half of your story was fantastic, I felt that the last 30 % of your amorous adventure lost a bit of its pace.

Last but not least there's another reason it was "only" a 4-star rating: substance and depth. I just wanted a bit more, you know? Don't get discouraged, though, because I'm pretty sure there are more good stories to come, and I can't wait to read more from your creator.

Now that you have your head on straight, keep your cool, dude. Enjoy seducing your beautiful Cinderella.

Take care.

Baba

P.S. Your jaw just dropped, my dearest Reid. Are we a little bit speechless? Tsk-tsk, shut your mouth, cutie pie, we don't want to catch flies. *grin*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seducing Cinderella.

07/29/2012
5.0% " Photobucket
Wait, why does my chart say Randy Johnson? "It's an alias."(...) "And sometimes a state of being." *grin* *rubs hands together*"
07/29/2012
23.0% " Photobucket
OMG, I'm laughing my pants off here!!! Uh, Reid...*points finger at you*..by all that is right and fair...your advice will kinda backfire. Hehehe..." 2 comments
07/30/2012
79.0% " Photobucket
I love Reid's mouth! He can go down on me any day he wants to. And he is soooo funny and witty. This is a hawt read!" 3 comments
06/02/2016 marked as: read

Kelly You beat me too it, Baba! I'm reading this book next. I hope we BOTH like it!!! xo

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter You know Kelly you will love it, I'm pretty sure! This is loads of FUN!!! Oh my, Reid has a mouth. Incredible.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Kelly Just started it this morning, Baba. Only 5% in and I like it already! Love Reid's alias- "Randy Johnson"! Too funny!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lazy_jeff wrote: "The book looks yummy. The pic is absolutely hilarious! What movie is it? I want to see it :)"

It's definitely yummy, Lazy! Give it a try and then you will see what I mean. *grin*
Do you mean the black guy? I don't know his name and I don't know the movie either. Sorry.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kelly wrote: "Just started it this morning, Baba. Only 5% in and I like it already! Love Reid's alias- "Randy Johnson"! Too funny!"

LOL Yeah, our Reid is pretty randy. *cough* The sex scenes are off the charts steamy! Oh my...so hawt!!!

Michele ~ la Smoocherina I just read this book. It was one I had on my phone and I was at work. I loved it. I added a new shelf. "Alpha Renaissance Man"

I didn't know you were reading it. We could have made it a group read. Lol

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I didn't know you were reading it. We could have made it a group read. Lol

Maybe next time. There are enough books after all. :)

message 10: by Kelly (last edited Jul 30, 2012 12:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kelly This is a pretty racy review for you, Baba! I like it! So glad you enjoyed this one, sweets! :D

Alexis *Reality Bites* Hahahahahahaha! Lovin the review Baba;)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kelly wrote: "This is a pretty racy review for you, Baba! I like it!!! So glad you enjoyed this one sweets! :D"

LOL Really? Uh, don't know for sure what's racy about my review, sweets. Anyway, thanks heaps! I take this as a compliment.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Alexis wrote: "Hahahahahahaha! Lovin the review Baba;)"

Thanks, Alexis.

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Love your review. Def. going to read this one. :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lisa wrote: "Love your review. Def. going to read this one. :)"

Thanks, Lisa! Let's just say that I think you will like it too. Who could resist such a lover, huh? LOL

Sassipo OK.....sold! Baba, you sold me on it...Im starting to read it right now, at work, on my iphone...LOL!!!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Sassipo wrote: "OK.....sold! Baba, you sold me on it...Im starting to read it right now, at work, on my iphone...LOL!!!"

Enjoy! :)

Kelly Baba wrote: "Kelly wrote: "This is a pretty racy review for you, Baba! I like it!!! So glad you enjoyed this one sweets! :D"

LOL Really? Uh, don't know for sure what's siignracy about my review, sweets. Anyway, ..."

Well of course it's a compliment, Baba! I loved this review, I love all your reviews! They're always awesome!!! :-)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kelly wrote: "Baba wrote: "Kelly wrote: "This is a pretty racy review for you, Baba! I like it!!! So glad you enjoyed this one sweets! :D"

LOL Really? Uh, don't know for sure what's siignracy about my review..."

Thanks, my lovely! *smooches*

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko So glad you enjoyed this one.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) wrote: "So glad you enjoyed this one."

Yeah, it was very good, Jo! Thanks for the rec. Loads of fun and steamy sex. Oh my, who could resist such a hawt lover?!? LOL

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I know i loved Reid.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Anna wrote: "Another great review! I have it in my ebook ready to go after I finish "After Ben", which btw is awesome!"

Thanks, Anna! YAY! I'm soooo happy that you love After Ben. I'm pretty sure that you will like Seducing Cinderella too. :-)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Tammie wrote: "Reading this one now, Baba! I have not gotten to the 85% mark. I can't imagine anything but good things coming out of his mouth."

LOL You will see, Tammie...

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lazy_jeff wrote: "Hahaha, fantastic review, Baba!! LOVE it! Oh, dear, all these talks about his mouth... It's getting hot in here!"

Thanks, Lazy! Well, this was one steamy read, that's for sure.

message 29: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Great review, Baba! I'll have to add this one.

message 30: by Michele ~ la Smoocherina (last edited Jul 31, 2012 08:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michele ~ la Smoocherina Great review Baba! I loved this book too. I wasn't too upset with Reid' jerk move, because he made up for it in a big way and did it because his father made him believe he wasn't worthy of love. When the one person who is supposed to love you your whole life, doesn't, it messes with one's self worth. As for Lucie, I think losing one's parents at such a critical age can also affect self image, and no mom for a girl of 13, then to be raised by an older brother. One who loves you, but can't teach you to apply make up, then you are cheated on by your first love/husband. Leaves self worth in the dust.

Just my opinion, but I loved Reid. Added "Alpha-Renaissance-Man". I loved him.

Monique ~ Sinfully Great review sweetie, love it.....I have downloaded and I am ready to go....:D

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kristen wrote: "Great review, Baba! I'll have to add this one."

Thanks, Kristen! It was steamy yet very funny too. I think you will like it.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Michele from ROL Book Blog wrote: "Great review Baba! I loved this book too. I wasn't too upset with Reid' jerk move, because he made up for it in a big way and did it because his father made him believe he wasn't worthy of love. ..."

Thanks, Michele. It's possible that I'd've rated this book with five stars a few months ago. But now? Not anymore. I have read more books and tend to rate them a bit lower.

Sometimes it's just too difficult to forget the hero's or heroine's behavior. About Lucy: I think if a woman's self-worth depends on applying make up, then something is seriously wrong. My mom never showed me how to do it and it didn't mess with my head. BTW, my ex-husband cheated on me too. And yes, I know quite a bit about loss myself (personal experience and my very best friend lost her parents when she was twelve)...so, I don't want to judge people how they will or should deal with their problems and sorrows. That said, everybody is grieving differently, however, here we have to people who should be able to deal with their problems and come clean with each other--as in right now. The stunt he pulled off was just too much for me and too easy. It was there to create a "conflict". *shrugs*

But overall I really enjoyed the book a lot. It was very entertaining.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Monique wrote: "Great review sweetie, love it.....I have downloaded and I am ready to go....:D"

Thanks, sweetie! It was loads of fun--enjoy!!

message 35: by Jill (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jill Nice one B, look forward to reading this soon.

Michele ~ la Smoocherina Baba wrote: "Michele from ROL Book Blog wrote: "Great review Baba! I loved this book too. I wasn't too upset with Reid' jerk move, because he made up for it in a big way and did it because his father made him..."

I didn't mean for it to sound like makeup was prerequisite to self esteem. But a lot of my self esteem comes from my mom telling me I was beautiful and she did all those things with me. Taught me how to do it up. I associate with having a mom.

The jerk move was just for conflict. My shelf called problems of their own making. Lol

message 37: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy Great review Baba! I like the sounds of being eaten. *snickers* Thanks for the rec too sweets! xx

Carisa nice and funny review Baba lol I'm going to read it

message 39: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Nice review Baba, another book that I'm going to add to the pile!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Jill wrote: "Nice one B, look forward to reading this soon."

Thanks, Jill. Look forward to your thoughts on this one.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Michele from ROL Book Blog wrote: "Baba wrote: "Michele from ROL Book Blog wrote: "Great review Baba! I loved this book too. I wasn't too upset with Reid' jerk move, because he made up for it in a big way and did it because his fa..."

No problem, Michele. I didn't take it personal. And I see what you mean. It's definitely important.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Wendy wrote: "Great review Baba! I like the sounds of being eaten. *snickers* Thanks for the rec too sweets! xx"

Heheeee...*grin* Thanks and you're welcome, sweets. Enjoy!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter @Carisa & Karla:
Thanks, ladies! When you're in need of a steamy, funny, and fluffy read then this book fits the bill. Enjoy!

message 44: by Lisa Kay (new) - added it

Lisa Kay Whoa, Baba! Great review. I just might have to read this book because of it.

message 45: by Diana~ (new) - added it

Diana~ You have me extremely intrigued Baba! I have this book on my kindle... and after reading your hilarious and amazing review, I really want to read this now!

Duchess Nicole See, I love stories like this! I'm so excited to read all of the great reviews!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lisa Kay wrote: "Whoa, Baba! Great review. I just might have to read this book because of it."

LOL Thanks, Lisa Kay! Well, just keep in mind it's a fluffy read. But it was a lot of fun too and I really enjoyed it. :-)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Diana~ wrote: "You have me extremely intrigued Baba! I have this book on my kindle... and after reading your hilarious and amazing review, I really want to read this now!"

Thanks, Diana! Sometimes it's good to read something light and entertaining. Hope you will enjoy it too. :-)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Duchess Nicole wrote: "See, I love stories like this! I'm so excited to read all of the great reviews!"

Have you read it, Nicole? I only see that you "added" it.

message 50: by Lisa Kay (new) - added it

Lisa Kay That's alright, Baba. I could do with some "fluffy & fun" right now.

« previous 1