Martina Koleva's Reviews > Dark Side of the Moon

Dark Side of the Moon by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012, sherrilyn-kenyon
Read from July 25 to 26, 2012, read count: 1

Oh I should have got to writing this one before I read another book but oh. I'm a little fuzzy on the details but all in all the book was great.
We got to meet Ravyn Kontis, a Dark-hunter who's been a were-hunter before he died and his past was filled with constant loss because of the ever lasting fight between the Arcadian(he was Arcadian) and the Katargia weres.
But that was nothing compared to the night he lost his entire family to the mate that betrayed him and her people. His entire family, his mother sister-in-law and almost every other female in his village was murdered and his remaining family blamed in on him, killed him and disowned him after he was turned in a Dark-hunter. So he pretty much has no need of people around himself. He is a loner even by the Dark-hunter standards and he never trust anyone.
For some unknown to him reason though once Susan Michaels came into his life all his guards started falling down around him, letting her in like no one else. Something about the nosy and persistent journalist caught his attention and there was no letting go.
Their story was kind of hilarious because Ravyn was in his leopard form when they met and he was held like that by a magic collar that would have killed him if Susan hadn't gotten him out of it. Well okay, maybe it wasn't hilarious to him but hey I LOL a lot.
I've gotta say I was impressed with Susan. She held it together when suddenly the little cat from the animal shelter turned into a very big leopard and then into an incredibly gorgeous naked guy lying unconscious on her living room floor. I guess it was because she thought that it was a trick even though I don't know how she explained the lightnings... Oh well too bad the cops tried to kill her after that. That sealed the deal and willingly or not she had to believe that her life was never going to be the same.
The story built beautifully. It wasn't too fast of too slow. It was just the right pace and the relationship between those two didn't happen instantly . It took some time even though the attraction was there.
We also got to see Nick Goutier again, and he managed to get himself into so much trouble that I have no idea how he's gonna get out of it.
I was sad to read about the disaster in New Orleans... I had no idea what happened right along with Nick because there was no indication in the previous books that something like that was happening ...

Oh well. I really liked this one. I liked it a little more than the other because of the were-hunters again but this was a strange mix and it took some getting used to.
I'm of to read the next book... hmm I guess I'm starting the Dream-hunter series now since this one is next in order...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Side of the Moon.