Ellese's Reviews > Kitty Steals the Show

Kitty Steals the Show by Carrie Vaughn

Aug 09, 12

bookshelves: favorites, books-i-own
Read from August 01 to 09, 2012

I just finished this book like 20 minutes ago so I can say it is pretty darn fresh. The book itself was not Vaughn's best. It had a great start, Kitty is going to a HUGE conference in London! Heck yeah right?? No. She meets vamps, weres, and a whole lot of other people. That's about it.

You remember how they keep mentioning Roman and how evil he is and blah blah blah? Well they do the same here, but you don't even see the bastard in this book! The end is literally like...wtf?? Seriously? No fight? Maybe I have been spoiled in that I love to see a end-all-be-all fight that is a decisive turn of events that says "The book is now ended, wait for a year for the next installment". So yes, I'm kinda mad that I have no closure.

Kitty goes to this conference, stirs people up (like usual of course), upsets a lot of very sensitive vamps, has a quick battle (near the middle of the book), and then...well I dunno.

I gave this book three stars because I am used to the kick-ass heroine that Kitty is. I guess this book didn't live up to my earlier expectations of the 9 previous books. It was still OK despite all my ramblings up there but not her best. So overall opinion? If you like this series, then read it. It probably wont be paramount to have read it before the next book, but just wait to buy it until closer to next year (bc of course we have to wait 12 freaking months to get the next one). End rant.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty Steals the Show.

Quotes Ellese Liked

Carrie Vaughn
“Don't underestimate her ability to talk, it's her superpower.”
Carrie Vaughn, Kitty Steals the Show