Farrah's Reviews > Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss: Control Your Body Chemistry, Reduce Inflammation and Improve Your Health

Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss by Nicolette M. Dumke

Jul 27, 12

bookshelves: book-reviews
Read in January, 2012

Nicolette Dumke does an excellent job in explaining the science behind it all and provides additional references for more. She touches up on your bodies hormones (cortisol, adrenaline, insulin, leptin, etc) and how they affect your hunger and weight. There’s a chapter on carbohydrates and the glycemic index. She also discusses fats and how the right fats are essential to our diets. Overall she stresses to LISTEN to how our body feels and “do it your body’s way”. In addition to helping us understand why our body reacts a certain way to different types of food, she provides 9 principles to a healthy eating plan, food recipes, cooking tips, more information on the glycemic index, a list of super foods to moderate inflammation, and lists multiple resources for further understanding and where to get special types of foods. Even though the book does not appear “exciting” in terms of presentation (there are no pictures at all throughout the entire book), I do believe, this will be my new food “Bible” as I learn my own body’s chemistry. To those who have food allergies or sensitivities, I’d say grab a copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Food Allergy and Gluten-Free Weight Loss.