Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > All He Saw Was The Girl

All He Saw Was The Girl by Peter Leonard

My Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5.

Disclaimers: I received an electronic form of this book for review in exchange for my honest opinion. I was not obligated to write a good review and did not receive any compensation for writing this review.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: First of all, I love Italy, and so the second I heard this took place in Rome, I knew I had to read this one. Plus the mafia is involved...come on...how can you not read this one?

Leonard exceeded my expectations in every manner possible. I was stunned by the depth in the plot, the characters, and in the writing style. His writing was compelling, intriguing, and never boring. He masterfully weaved several different story arcs together into one action-packed novel that had my heart racing. Beautiful prose to say the least.

As for the characters, they were all so brilliantly crafted. Often when I read suspense, I feel like the characters are flat. This was not the case with this novel. Every single one of these characters (and no I'm not exaggerating) left me impressed. I absolutely adored McCabe and Angela in particular. Their interactions were amusing, thrilling, and had me frantically turning pages to see how their story ended.

As for the whole Sharon, Ray, and Joey angle, I usually have no tolerance for people who cheat. However, I found myself thoroughly intrigued by their relationship and couldn't help but wonder how everything I would turn out. A girl married to a Special Service man and having an affair with a mobster. Intriguing, horrible, but thoroughly intriguing.

This novel was one of the better thriller/mystery/suspense novels I've read in a long time. Like I mentioned earlier, the writing seemed to flow so well and the plot development was brilliantly done.

In Summary: A fast read with a killer plot line that left me thoroughly entranced from the very first page to the very last. Brilliant characters...plus it takes place in Italy and involved the Mafia. What more could you ask for?

Warnings/Side-notes: Several instances of strong language, but not excessive use. Sexual references were very common. They were a little more detailed than some books I've read, but they were still not very detailed. (See the excerpt. It mentions sex like this frequently, but isn't really detailed.)

The Wrap-up: I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I read in a manner of hours and intrigued the entire time. Every moment of this book seemed to flow together so nicely and in a way that compelled me to keep reading. Plus, I loved the characters. At the beginning, I found the jumps between characters and the flashes to the past a little confusing. However, I quickly caught on and became swept away in the story. An intriguing read to say the least. Definitely recommended.

Love,

Danica Page
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All He Saw Was The Girl.