Joyzi's Reviews > Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer

Oct 25, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: e-book, fiction, ya-books, disappointing-books, author-was-possessed, reviewed, don-t-judge-me, banned, book-series, chick-lit, vampires, author-american, paranormal-romance
Recommended to Joyzi by: My classmates
Recommended for: Tweeny boppies who want to jump on the bandwagon
Read from June 09 to 10, 2009

When I read this book I'm fully anticipated that this would be great like Eclipse to me. I also read lots of spoilers and eventhough lots of them are hate-reviews I still don't mind it and I feel that's okay for me.

I would say that when I'm reading this I really have moments when I have to stop and I was like WTF??? I don't expect that Meyer's writing will be bizarre, disturbing and so wrong though I'd say that in a way it's very entertaining. Here are some:

Bella drinking human blood like gallons of it to sustain the baby and she's like ok and craving for it. Isn't she hate the smell of blood? The pregnancy and delivery of the baby was really creepy. Bella still clinging on Jacob and even naming her fetus EJ as in Eward Jacob. Jacob imprinting on Reneesme it's like WTF it's just not right but I found it very funny like breaking dawn become a comedy and a joke or something. Jacob phasing and revealing his werewolf form to Charlie. And Renesmee growth spurt and talkling was really creepy for me.

I'd say that maybe i hate it because it wasn't what I'm expected from Meyer and after Eclipse I felt that she's a decent writer but now it was loss. I felt that in some point that it's not Meyer's writing at all and it's like reading a fan fiction or something. I also hated the ending because it's not scary at all and not really so much action. The Volturi was like cowards and I expect them to fight really. Even it's happy ending it's really a sucky ending and I felt sad that because it's a great series and it doesn't make sense that the last book will be the worse and the ending would be lame.
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Dawn.

message 1: by Iyah (last edited Nov 27, 2010 06:55AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Iyah I hated this book too. In fact, if it weren't for Jacob's part on the book I would have stopped reading this. I would have sold my copies to those teenagers who, all of sudden likes to read because of Twilight. Funny, there's a lot of them.

I loved-not liked-the part where Bella delivers that...err..that thingy. Gahhh I hate Renesmee. Hate her! I Hate her, I hate her. I despise her character.

Moving on...where was I? Oh yeah..that part where Edward had to rip her apart just so that evil incarnate would come out alive. I just wish Edward didn't fixed her after that though.

I hate the ending. Sorry I had to rant on your review.Haha I made a review for this one, apparently it wasn't enough.

Nice review. I totally agree, the ending sucks. Too perfect. Too Fairy Tale-ish.

Paige Joyzi, did you see the movie Vampires Suck?

Iyah Me!! I saw that movie...haha and it Sucks... Haha like BIG TIME.

Paige Uh, yeah, tell me about it! It did suck. I thought I'd be cracking up throughout the whole movie, but I don't think that movie could've sucked more if it TRIED.

Joyzi @Paige yeah I've seen it, and I think it was pretty okay, not a great one but still it was funny enough for me