booklady's Reviews > The Healing Power of the Eucharist

The Healing Power of the Eucharist by John H. Hampsch

Jul 06, 14

bookshelves: 2009, church-documents, food, hagiography, health, must-have, religion, scripture, spiritual, worth-reading-over-and-over, 2014, 2013
Recommended to booklady by: Wanda
Recommended for: all communicating Catholics
Read in July, 2009

(Reread June 6 - July 2, 2014) Worthwhile reread. My earlier review doesn't emphasize the healing aspect of the sacrament, but in fact that's what the book is all about, the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing properties of the Eucharist. Has changed how I pray and I've already passed my copy on to a friend. Most highly recommended!

(Original Review, July 7, 2009) “The only thing God does not know is how He could possibly give us a gift greater than Himself.” ~St. Augustine, 4th Century Father and Doctor of the Church

A beautiful book about a most beautiful subject! If you are a regular communicant – or even if you're not and you read this book with an open heart – The Healing Power of the Eucharist may have you in tears by its end.

The incredible resource we have available at every Mass is nothing less than Our Lord Himself and yet so many try to ignore or deny this. Fr. Hampsch stresses repeatedly: God wants so much more for us than we want for ourselves.

The Healing Power of the Eucharist is inspirational, insightful, full of good background material and written in accessible, everyday language. It can be read in a few hours; I tried to savor it. It would make an excellent book for Adoration and/or to prepare for Mass. My favorite part was the description of our glorified bodies. WOW!

A must read! Thank you Wanda!
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Healing Power of the Eucharist.

07/05/2009 page 91
06/06/2014 marked as: currently-reading
07/06/2014 marked as: read

booklady I'm almost finished...and it's awesome! I could have read it in a day but wanted to savor it rather than gobble it down like I usually do really good books! Ha!

booklady Great! Hope you are as inspired by it as I have been and also that you'll share your thoughts in a review. ☺