Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > Nerve

Nerve by Jeanne Ryan

Aug 09, 12

Read from July 27 to 30, 2012

Now this is an enthralling and excited book! I adored the plot and how different it was.

What I enjoyed most about this book is the plot. Do you have nerve to walk into a store, and cluck like chicken for $50? How about telling your best friend what really happen at the party for $500? This is what makes it so exciting to read. The pranks start off small and harmless. Then they become dangerous as well as personal. Each time the prank got bigger I held my breath. I kept shaking my head thinking, "No, she won't do it." And then SHE DID! Holy crapola! This chick got some nerve!!

Beside the amazing plot, the reader is presented with an unlikely character who takes some big, brave steps. Vee is shy and girl who always gets over-looked. She's smart and has a lot to offer. What better way to get notice by doing something your friends know you will not go through with. After Vee finishes her fist dare, she is off like a rocket!

There is a love interest that occurred that I did not see coming. I was thinking it go the other way with the other guy, but hot diggity dog this author can write! I loved the twist and turns it that came along with this love. Lies upon lies, peeled back like an onion, making everything is exposed. This love interest got better and better.

Nerve is an adrenaline rush filled story! The madness and rebellion to continue to do each dare makes your heart beat faster. The conniving owners of Nerve won'st stop till they get the last word. They will manipulate you into thinking it is all a game. Do you have Nerve?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nerve.

07/30/2012 page 142
47.0% "WOW!"
07/30/2012 page 224
74.0% "WTH???"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie Gosh girl, you must have so much time to read!! Jealous! :)